Amblyopia is the medical term used when the vision in one of the eyes is reduced because the eye and the brain are not working together properly. The eye itself looks normal, but it is not being used normally because the brain is favoring the other eye. This condition is also sometimes called lazy eye.
Other Helpful Links
Información en español
- An Evaluation of Treatment of Amblyopia in Children 7 < 18 Years Old (ATS3)
- Vision In Preschoolers Study (VIP Study)
- A Randomized Trial Comparing Part-time Versus Minimal-time Patching for Moderate Amblyopia (Two v. Six)
- A Randomized Trial Comparing Part-time Versus Full-time Patching for Severe Amblyopia
- Amblyopia Treatment Study (ATS I)