Spread the Word: Facebook and Twitter
Use these prewritten social media messages to spread the word through your social networks. Tag us in your posts. For Facebook, type @nehep. On Twitter, use our hashtag: #HVM2014.
- It's Healthy Vision Month! Celebrate with the @nehep by making your vision a priority. Learn what steps you can take today to preserve your sight tomorrow by visiting http://go.usa.gov/kZjB.
- Having trouble seeing this post? You might need to schedule a dilated eye exam! An eye exam can detect common vision impairments and eye diseases, many of which have no early warning signs. Celebrate Healthy Vision Month by scheduling an eye exam http://go.usa.gov/kZjQ.
- May is Healthy Vision Month! Did you know that over 800,000 eye injuries occur in the workplace each year? It’s important to use protective eye wear to help preserve your sight. Learn about other steps you can take to protect your vision at http://go.usa.gov/kZje.
- Celebrate Healthy Vision Month with the National Eye Institute by protecting your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. Visit the Healthy Vision Month website to learn how you can protect your vision. http://go.usa.gov/kZDx.
- Do you know your eye health family history? Genes are a factor in eye health so talk to your family to see what diseases you should look out for. Check out other steps you can take to make your vision a priority. http://go.usa.gov/kZDj.
- Protect your vision by keeping an eye on what you put in your body. By making healthy lifestyle choices—such as eating a healthy diet and not smoking—you can help save your sight. Join the @nehep in celebrating Healthy Vision Month this May: http://go.usa.gov/kZD5.
Sample Healthy Vision Month Tweets
- It's Healthy Vision Month! Take steps to save your sight by visiting http://go.usa.gov/kZjB. #HVM2014
- Trouble reading this? Schedule an eye exam! Learn about dilated eye exams and how to protect your vision: http://go.usa.gov/kZjQ. #HVM2014
- Do you know your eye health family history? Click the link to learn why you should: http://go.usa.gov/kZDj. #HVM2014
- Keep the windows to your world safe with protective eyewear. Click here to lean more: http://go.usa.gov/kZje. #HVM2014
- Summer is coming, and the sun is out! Wear UV-protection sunglasses to protect your eyes: http://go.usa.gov/kZDx. #HVM2014
- Did you know diet affects eye health? Learn what steps you can take to maintain healthy vision http://go.usa.gov/kZD5. #HVM2014