Vision and Aging
See Well for a Lifetime ToolkitModule 2: Age-Related Eye Diseases
The purpose of this module is to present information on age-related eye diseases and conditions that can cause permanent vision loss or blindness. This module stresses that eye diseases often have no early warning signs and emphasizes the need for comprehensive dilated eye exams. The diseases and conditions covered in this module include glaucoma, cataract, diabetic eye disease, dry eye, and age-related macular degeneration. After attending this educational session, participants will be able to do the following:
- Identify vision changes associated with aging.
- Explain the importance of having a comprehensive dilated eye exam to detect eye diseases in their early stages.
- Describe common age-related eye diseases and conditions.
- Discuss what they can do to protect their vision.
Age-Related Eye Diseases and Conditions Module Materials
- Age-Related Eye Diseases and Conditions PowerPoint Presentation and PDF* Document
- Speaker's Guide PDF*
- Taking Care of Your Vision After 50 Participant Handout PDF*
- Age-Related Eye Diseases At-a-Glance Participant Handout PDF*
- Eye Diagram Handout PDF*
- Dilated Eye Exam Handout PDF*
- Promotional Announcement PDF* or Word Document
- Participant Evaluation Form PDF*
Let us hear from you!
Please share any comments or suggestions you have about your experience in using this module. Your feedback is very important to us! Leave feedback.View and download other module materials.