American Diabetes Association Hours of operation are Monday—Friday, 8:30 AM-8 PM Eastern Standard Time. The American Diabetes Association funds research, publishes scientific findings, provides information and other services to people with diabetes, their families, health professionals and the public. Contact ADA for diabetes-related questions or to request a diabetes information packet. Spanish language consumer website.
To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
To fulfill this mission, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) perform the following:
- Funds and advocates for scientific research to prevent, cure, and manage diabetes.
- Publishes scientific findings.
- Fights for the rights of people with diabetes.
- Provides information and services to people with diabetes, their families, health professionals and the public.
The Association acts on its mission through a number of critical programs and activities that are directed to a broad range of constituents encompassing consumers, research scientists, healthcare professionals, corporations, and communities.
ADA has more than 1 million volunteers, including a membership of 445,000 diabetes patients and their families, as well as a professional society of more than 14,000 health and medical professionals.
Research activities involve learning more about the causes of diabetes, treatment, factors leading to complications, and, ultimately, a cure.
Information activities address improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by providing educational programs and publications; informing the public about the risk factors, the warning signs, and the seriousness of diabetes; and keeping health professionals up-to-date on the latest developments in diabetes treatment through professional education programs and journals.
Advocacy efforts involve increasing public awareness and aiming to improve health care and the lives of everyone affected by diabetes.
Annual Scientific Sessions (June), Postgraduate Course (February), and other symposia provide opportunities for diabetes specialists and researchers to share information.
- Consumer magazine Diabetes Forecast
- Professional journals including Diabetes Care, Diabetes Spectrum, Diabetes, and Clinical Diabetes
- For professional books, consumer books, cookbooks, and health education materials, please visit http://www.shopdiabetes.org