To promote the provision of high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health care that is coordinated, culturally and linguistically competent, and community directed for all medically underserved populations. To accomplish this, the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC) works with a network of state health centers and primary care organizations to serve health centers in a variety of ways:
- Provide research-based advocacy for health centers and their clients
- Educate the public about the mission and value of health centers
- Train and provide technical assistance to health center staff and boards
- Develop alliances with private partners and key stakeholders to foster the delivery of primary healthcare services to communities in need
NACHC currently represents the program and policy interests of more than 1,000 community-based healthcare organizations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam. Membership is open to all community health centers, and various types of voting and nonvoting memberships are available. State and regional primary care associations are chartered members of NACHC.
NACHC programs and services are designed to assist health centers in navigating today’s complex and constantly changing healthcare environment. Membership in NACHC provides health centers with the following:
- Strong advocacy before Congress and with federal administrative and regulatory bodies on all major issues that affect health centers and their mission.
- Access to the most comprehensive source of information, training, and technical assistance designed specifically for health centers on all aspects of operations and governance.
- Leadership and professional development for staff and boards.
- Discounted services and products designed to save costs for health centers and enhance health services delivery and effectiveness.
- Direct input on issues affecting health centers via participation on committees, task forces, and workgroups.
- Peer/industry recognition through national awards programs.
Community Health Institute and Expo Financial Operations Management /IT Conference National Farmworkers Health Conference Policy & Issues Forum
Community Health Forum® Magazine Various newsletters, including Washington Update, Programs and Policy Update, and PCA Update Research and data reports, management tools, and other resource publications
Ronald A. Yee, M.D., M.B.A., FAAFP Chief Medical Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org