Join NEHEP in raising awareness about diabetic eye disease by using these resources.
Use the resources below to encourage people with diabetes to have a comprehensive dilated eye exam at least once a year to detect diabetic eye disease in its early, treatable stages.
- Social Media Toolkit
- Facebook and Twitter Posts
- Diabetic Eye Disease Infocards
- Announcements & Receipt Copy
- Drop-in Articles
- Web Buttons
- All Diabetic Eye Disease Materials
Social Media Toolkit
This toolkit provides a resources and strategies to educate others about diabetic eye disease and ways they can protect their vision via social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more.
Facebook and Twitter Posts
Post messages on your Facebook and Twitter pages for your followers to see and share, or send a few to your organization's blog or an influencer blogger. Some sample messages are below. Find more posts about diabetic eye disease you can use year-round here.
- November is National Diabetes Month. @NEHEP has resources to help protect the sight of people with #diabetes. http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
- November is National #Diabetes Month. Don't lose sight of diabetic eye disease. Learn more from @NEHEP http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
- If you have #diabetes, make healthy vision YOUR priority during National Diabetes Month! Learn more from @NEHEP http://1.usa.gov/PGIbnF
Visit the National Diabetes Month Pinterest board to find resources to repin and share that promote eye health. Find pins here.
Diabetic Eye Disease Infographics
Add these graphics to an article, story, newsletter, or website to provide at-a-glance information on diabetic eye disease, how many people have it, the lack of symptoms, who's at higher risk, and what can be done to help prevent vision loss.
Diabetic Eye Disease Infocards
Visit our online catalog to download important but short messages about diabetic eye disease.
Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
Use these PSAs when posting messages on Facebook, on your website, or in your newsletter or other publications. Download diabetic eye disease PSAs here.
Announcements and Receipt Copy
Use the copy in the announcements below over public address systems or record one for the on-hold phone line at your store or organization. Use the receipt copy on statements or receipts to raise awareness about diabetic eye disease.
Download announcements. PDF*
Download receipt copy. PDF*
Diabetic Eye Disease Drop-in Articles
Use these articles in newsletters, magazines, newspapers, or on websites to raise awareness about diabetic eye disease.
- Talk to Your Family about Diabetes and Healthy Vision (for African Americans) English PDF*
- Leave a Legacy of Healthy Vision (for American Indians & Alaska Natives) English PDF*
- Diabetic Eye Disease Rates Increase Among Hispanics/Latinos PDF*
- Más hispanos/latinos tienen la enfermedad diabética del ojo PDF*
- Diabetic Eye Disease Projected To Increase Among U.S. Population PDF*
Use these on your website to promote National Diabetes Month and link people to diabetic eye disease information. To add the button, copy the code next to the image and paste it into your Web page.
To embed this web button on your site, simply copy and past the code below:
<a href="http://www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes/"><img src="http://www.nei.nih.gov/sites/default/files/nehep-images/NDM_button_small_v1.jpg" alt="November is National Diabetes Month. Set your sight on healthy vision if you have diabetes." border="0" width="200" height="333" /></a>
<a href="http://www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes/"><img src="http://www.nei.nih.gov/sites/default/files/nehep-images/NDM_button_small_v2.jpg" alt="November is National Diabetes Month. Set your sight on healthy vision if you have diabetes." border="0" width="200" height="333" /></a>
<a href="http://www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes/"><img src="http://www.nei.nih.gov/sites/default/files/nehep-images/NDM_button_small_v3.jpg" alt="November is National Diabetes Month. Set your sight on healthy vision if you have diabetes." border="0" width="200" height="333" /></a>
Copy and paste this banner into your email signature or:
- Select and copy the image below.
- Then go to File > Options > Mail. On the right, click the Signatures button.
- On the popup, click New and name your signature (i.e., "NDM").
- In the white box, right click and hit "Paste". Then save.
- Choose the new signature from the dropdown.
For email systems that do not allow pictures to be added, a plain text version is below. Simply copy and paste.
November is National Diabetes Month.
Set your sight on healthy vision if you have diabetes. Visit www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes
November is National Diabetes Month. Don't Lose Sight of Diabetic Eye Disease.
Learn more about diabetic eye disease. Visit www.nei.nih.gov/diabetes.
For additional diabetes education resources to use during November, visit our partner sites and make their names hyperlinks.