for Social Media
Use these messages in your social media outlets to help increase awareness about glaucoma.
- Are you at higher risk for glaucoma? Get the facts and schedule a dilated eye exam. Learn more at www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- Glaucoma often has no early warning signs. It has no symptoms and causes no pain. But it can be detected early through a comprehensive dilated eye exam. Learn more by watching this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDTu-B-UKA
- Glaucoma can be detected and treated early before noticeable vision loss occurs. Learn more at www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- African Americans over age 40; everyone over age 60, especially Mexican Americans; and people with a family history of glaucoma are at higher risk. Visit www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma to learn more.
- How much do you know about glaucoma? Take our quiz to test your glaucoma Eye-Q! www.nei.nih.gov/health/glaucoma_quiz
- Many people are living with glaucoma. Hear from others how glaucoma has affected them: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma/content/english/interview
- Glaucoma runs in families. True or False? Find out by taking this glaucoma quiz: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma/content/english/doyouknow
- Think back. When was the last time you had a comprehensive dilated eye exam? Last year? Five years ago? Like many common eye diseases, glaucoma has no warning signs, but it can be detected early before noticeable vision loss occurs. For more info, visit www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- Learn how glaucoma affects the eyes, who is at greater risk for developing the disease, treatment options and more by watching the glaucoma video at www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma.
- Having a health fair? Get great glaucoma-related resources with our glaucoma sample pack: http://catalog.nei.nih.gov/p-388-health-fair-glaucoma-sample-pack.aspx
- #Glaucoma = No warning signs, no symptoms, no pain. Detect it early through a comprehensive dilated eye exam. www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma/content/english/know
- Get the facts and protect your eyes from #glaucoma: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma/content/english/know
- #Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that can result in vision loss and #blindness: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- African Americans over age 40 and Mexican Americans over age 60 are at higher risk of #glaucoma. Learn more: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- #Didyouknow people with a family history of #glaucoma are at higher risk? Learn more: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma
- Having a health fair? Find #eye #health ideas and resources at www.nei.nih.gov/nehep/programs/glaucoma/activities
- Trabecu what? Laser trabeculoplasty. It is one treatment for #glaucoma. Learn more: www.nei.nih.gov/glaucoma/content/english/know
- Millions of Americans have glaucoma and don’t know it. Find ideas and resources for increasing awareness at www.nei.nih.gov/nehep/programs/glaucoma/activities