The Plain Writing Act of 2010 promotes clear government communication that the public can understand and use. The Office of Management and Budget issued final guidance to implement the law on April 13, 2011.
We have assigned staff to oversee our plain language efforts:
- Maria Zacharias, NEI Plain Language Contact
- Holly Russo and Leo Martinez, NEI Plain Language Coordinators
We train our employees and have strengthened our oversight process. We must use plain language in any document that:
- is necessary for obtaining any federal government benefit or service or filing taxes
- provides information about any federal government benefit or service
- explains to the public how to comply with a requirement that the federal government administers or enforces
Give us feedback
We need your help to comply with this Act! Let us know if you see something on our website or in our materials that isn’t written in plain language.