Lead diabetic eye disease educational sessions in your community
The toolkit will help you and other health educators:
- Explain what diabetic eye disease is
- Educate people about protecting their vision
- Share tips for talking with eye doctors
Diabetes and Healthy Eyes
Download the whole toolkit as a Zip file or download individual toolkit materials below.
This module will help you and other health educators learn how to teach others about diabetic eye disease.
Use this flipchart to educate people with diabetes about eye disease and how they can protect their vision.
- Diabetes and Healthy Eyes flipchart PDF (4.66 MB)
- Diabetes and Healthy Eyes flipchart PPT (2.07 MB)
Participants can take these handouts home to learn more about diabetic eye disease and protecting their vision.
- Diabetes Risk Factors handout PDF (153 KB)
- The ABCs of Diabetes Control handout PDF (175 KB)
- Local Eye Health Team Resources handout PDF (174 KB)
- Talking to Your Doctor handout PDF (174 KB)
- Action Plan handout PDF (149 KB)
- Glossary handout PDF (151 KB)
- Parts of the Eye handout PDF (1.2 MB)
Check out these additional materials that will help you run a successful information session.
- Attendance sheet PDF (171 KB)
- Pretest for participants PDF (149 KB)
- Post-test for participants PDF (151 KB)
- Numbered papers to ensure test confidentiality PDF (147 KB)
- Educational activity questions PDF (120 KB)
More information about the Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Toolkit
Learn how the toolkit was created and how to use it.