NEI’s website has pages that link to other websites, including many federal agencies as well as non-federal websites that have useful information or resources.
In order for NEI to link to another website, it must meet the following guidelines:
- The site has accurate, science-based information
- The information on the site is up to date, and pages include a “last updated” or “last reviewed” date
- Users can get all or most of the content for free
- Users don’t have to register to view the information on the site
- The site does not have advertising
- (Note: we may make exceptions if the site’s ads are clearly labeled, and advertisers and sponsors don’t influence the information on the site)
- The site protects users’ personal information
- The site is available consistently and doesn’t have technical issues
- The site is well organized, easy to navigate, and has information that is easy to read and understand for the intended audience
- The site is accessible for people with disabilities
When you visit an external link, you are leaving the NEI website. NEI has no control over the content of these sites, and is not responsible for their privacy or security policies.