3-D ROC Sponsors
NEI is building an ecosystem of support by partnering with companies and organizations to offer their resources directly to 3-D ROC challenge solvers. Any means of support are welcome. To discuss a partnership in more detail, contact us.
Sponsors offering resources
Please contact the sponsor's 3-D ROC liaison for more details and to access the resources.
Essen Bioscience – Sartorius Group
- Offering at least three (3) IncuCyte onsite demonstrations for 3D ROC teams in the continental US.
- Contact: Lorenzo McMillan, Lorenzo.McMillan@sartorius.com, 734-277-8836
Genentech, A Member of the Roche Group
- Provides expertise for in vitro validation of both efficacy models and drug safety screening.
- Contact: Helen Booler, email@example.com
- Discounts on products and services to all participants.
- Will review participant-submitted proposals and select one or more teams to “sponsor” in a collaboration with using the Avatar system/proprietary media or cell lines to develop or validate the functionality of the retina organoid (co-development agreement will be required).
- Consultation with senior XCell leadership to discuss a possible collaboration for further commercial development of retina organoid model (incentive for winners).
- Contact: Mahendra Rao, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpha Med Scientific Inc.
- Will provide free consultation, equipment demo at participants’ labs, and discount on products for academic labs.
- Contact: Gary Cheng, email@example.com
Biological Industries USA
- Discounts of 15% off on all xeno-free, serum-free stem cell media including NutriStem® hPSC and MSC Media until Dec. 31, 2019.
- Buy one, get one free on all small molecules for stem cell research. Save up to 50% when compared to other suppliers.
- Discounts of 35% off on classical cell culture reagents such as general RPMI, DMEM, DPBS, MEM media, dissociation solutions, trypsin, and cryopreservation media.
- Additional discounts are available for custom media services, please inquire.
- Contact: Tony Bernardino, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-500-6059
BioTek Instruments, Inc.
- Consultation with PhD level scientist from the applications team for optimizing image acquisition and analysis of retinal organoids, including live cell imaging.
- Access to loaner instruments and product demonstration opportunities with discounts available to all participants.
- Free laser autofocus cube ($7800 value) with purchase of an imaging instrument. Benefits include improved speed with dim fluorophores and transmitted light along and minimized photobleaching with lower phototoxicity for live cell assays.
- Contact: Megha Shaffer, email@example.com
Enzo Life Sciences
- Provides free DEMO + 2 weeks of equipment loan for all participants (based on schedule/availability). Labs will have to buy consumables (e.g., arrays). Longer duration loans can be provided on a monthly rental charge (based on availability). Any publication of MEA data resulting from lab demonstration should cite Multichannel Systems Gmbh. (Valid once for each group).
- Winners can purchase equipment at 25% discount (expires 3 months from NEI announcement of winners).
- Participants are eligible for 15% discount on purchase MEA2100 system anytime during the current NEI challenge (only valid until NEI challenge ends).
- Contact: Maulik Oza, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants are eligible for a free sample of nanopatterned cultureware, which resembles the extracellular matrix and promotes development of cultured cells.
- Participants also have the opportunity to receive discounted pricing on select NanoSurface products.
- A free demo of the NanoSurface Cytostretcher and Cytostretcher-LV is also available.
- Contact: Heejoon Choi, email@example.com, 800-913-4403 x702
- Neuromics provides cells, media, supplements and ECMs and for 2 and 3-D based assays. These include RPEs, Neurons, Astrocytes, Glia, Microglia, Retinal Microvascular Endothelial Cells and Neural Progenitors. In addition, we provide custom and off the shelf Blood-Brain Barrier models.
- Provides one hour of free consulting to participating teams and discounted rates past the initial hour.
- We offer a 10% discount on all cells, 3-D models, media and supplements.
- Pete Shuster, CEO and Owner, is available to handle any of your needs.
- Contact: Pete Shuster, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-801-1007
- Rose Ludescher, email@example.com, 866-350-1500.
- Offers platform for the delivery of nucleic acids to cell types that have been historically difficult to transfect using traditional methods, specifically neuronal cells. Will partner with select groups to provide early access to technology including instrumentation and reagents.
- Will support researchers in the optimization of delivering nucleic acids to relevant neuronal cell types and 3-D models.
- Contact: Mariam Assadian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discounts of 10% for products and reagents.
- Available for consulting services, discounts on contract research services such as cell reprogramming and differentiation, molecular analyses, etc.
- Contact: Alexandra Grella, Alexandra.email@example.com
SBI Systems Biosciences
- Discounts of 30% for SBI’s lentiviral products (vectors, packaging tools, etc.).
- Discounts of 20% for SBI’s lentiviral custom services (Syn2Clone™ vector construction, high-titer lentivirus packaging & stable cell line services).
- Contact: Ann Krohn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Will provide reagent discounts across the stem cell and neurobiology workflow.
- Contact: Stephen Harper, email@example.com
- Available for consulting services, provision of supporting materials and information and direction on assay development and optimization.
- Free to each team: 1 x 5 ml GrowDex® hydrogel for 3-D cell culture.
- Discount of 10% on GrowDex , GrowDex-T, and GrowDase® products for the duration of the challenge.
- Contact: Jane Spencer-Fry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will offer highly discounted 3D model imaging and characterization services at cost.
- Contact: Dr. Michael Johnson, email@example.com
- Free consultations with scientific experts in the fields of microbiomics or epigenetics.
- Solutions for microbiomic and epigenetic-related research in the form of products or next-generation sequencing services.
- Discounts on all products and services for challenge participants (some exclusions may apply).
- Contact: Shea Biondi, firstname.lastname@example.org