Share information about Eye Health, My Health through your newsletter, blog, or email blast! Use our sample content below.
Suggested EHMH newsletter content for health professionals
This content can be included in newsletters that reach organizations, health professionals, and community partners who engage with Black/African American people.
Title: Promote eye health among Black/African American communities
Content: The National Eye Institute (NEI) is launching the Eye Health, My Health campaign for Black/African American communities — and needs your help to spread the word!
Black/African American people are at higher risk for eye diseases that can lead to visual impairment. NEI’s Eye Health, My Health campaign works to empower Black/African American people to prioritize their eye health by:
- Highlighting the link between eye health and whole-body health
- Encouraging eye-healthy habits and comprehensive dilated eye exams
- Helping families start the conversation about eye health history
- Acknowledging systemic barriers to care and providing resources to help overcome them
Share NEI’s Eye Health, My Health campaign materials — as well as ready-made social media posts — to raise awareness about how eye health can change lives!
Learn more about the campaign and get materials to share: https://nei.nih.gov/EyeHealthMyHealth
Suggested EHMH newsletter for Black/African American people
This content can be included in newsletters that reach Black/African American people directly.
Title: A focus on your eyes can change your life!
Content: Did you know that your eye health is linked to your overall health? Some health conditions — like diabetes — can raise your risk of getting eye diseases. That’s why it’s important to take care of your eye health and your overall health. And the National Eye Institute (NEI) can help!
NEI’s new Eye Health, My Health campaign has helpful resources designed specifically for Black/African American people like:
- Fact sheets about eye health and dilated eye exams
- Conversation starters to help talk to your family about eye health
- Information about getting help paying for eye care
- Tips for building eye-healthy habits
No matter where you’re at, there are steps you can take to improve your eye health. Take your first step today!
Learn about Eye Health, My Health and get resources: https://nei.nih.gov/EyeHealthMyHealth