Lead low vision information sessions in your community
Our educational module, Living with Low Vision: What You Should Know, has everything you need to lead an information session in your community. Materials are available in both English and Spanish.
The module will help you and other health educators:
Explain what low vision is
Educate people about vision rehabilitation
Share tips for talking with eye doctors
Living with Low Vision: What You Should Know
Download the materials on this page to lead an information session in your community.
This presentation teaches people about low vision, vision rehabilitation, and what they can do to live independently with vision loss.
- Láminas para presentación PPT (5.5 MB)
- Láminas para presentación PDF (903 KB)
This guide has talking points and ideas for presenters.
- English: Speaker’s guide PDF (4.5 MB)
- Spanish: Guía para el presentador PDF (13.2 MB)
This booklet explains vision rehabilitation and includes firsthand stories from people living with low vision.
- English: Living with Low Vision booklet PDF (9.1 MB)
- Spanish: Cómo vivir con baja visión PDF (6.3 MB)
These videos show how people with vision loss can learn to make the most of their remaining vision and maintain their independence.
- English: Living with Low Vision: Stories of Hope and Independence
- Spanish: Viviendo con baja visión: Historias de esperanza e independencia
Watch patient stories featuring people of all ages and backgrounds. (These videos are only available in English.)